Re: Crane elec. ign. and coil voltage

To: "Charlie B." <cb1500@erols.com>, triumph listserv <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Crane elec. ign. and coil voltage
From: Roger Helman <rogerh@digimation.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Jan 1998 17:12:20 -0600
    Charlie, I ran my TR-6 with a Brand new coil without a resistor and it went
out
on me. Maybe it was just coincidence. But I haven't had a problem since I went
back
to a coil with an external ballast resistor. BTW I am still running mechanical
points. I hope to switch to the petrelux [sp] soon.

    Lucky for me I had the still had the original coil with resister in the
trunk.
:-) I was about  half way between home in San Antonio and Baton Rouge LA at two
o'clock in the morning.

--
Roger Helman                  71 TR6 CC67866L
Digimation Inc.               http://deepthought.digimation.com/rogerh/