Re: Crane elec. ign. and coil voltage

To: r-james@tamu.edu
Subject: Re: Crane elec. ign. and coil voltage
From: "Charlie B." <cb1500@erols.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Jan 1998 17:30:06 -0500
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Ray,

In both my cars the "+" treminal of the coil is shared by the XR700 hot
lead and the 12v. power supply coming from the harness. That supplies
both the coil and the Crane unit with a constant 12 volts. That's the
way both the supplied drawing and the written instructions indicated to
be correct.

All I know is that the set-up seems to work for me, on both cars, for
over a year. Like I said, neither unit has ever felt hot to the touch.

How old is your unit? Is it possible the "correct" wiring requirements
have changed over the years?

Charlie B