Re: Crane elec. ign. and coil voltage

To: r-james@tamu.edu, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, cb1500@erols.com, r-james@tamu.edu
Subject: Re: Crane elec. ign. and coil voltage
From: Joe Curry <curry@wolfenet.com>
Date: Sun, 04 Jan 1998 11:10:58 -0800
Before anybody else calls me on this (the latest in a continuing series of
errors), I will correct myself.

In my defense, I must say that the Crane instructions are very confusing (right
Ray?) I was looking at an additional note that was discussing installation of an
"ignition power relay circuit"  this is the thing that is to be connected to
12V(battery).  My own is connected to the coil as the instructions say. (I had
go look).

With that said, it appears that my own application is delivering 12V to the
Crane
unit when the key is on.  My own has no external ballast.  Of course the coil is
in parallel to the circuit, so there is some relationship to the resistance
inside the coil, but I'm not sure what.

I'm curious if the Crane people were talking about a specific model, or speaking
in general about the entire series.

Regards,
Joe Curry