Idiot of the year award

Subject: Idiot of the year award
From: Bill Wood <triumph1@nr.infi.net>
Date: Sun, 04 Jan 1998 19:59:30 -0800
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Here's my entry into the idiot of the year award, BOTH regarding my 81
TR8.

Finished restoring the car--time to start it up for the first time.  It
would crank and sputter like it wanted to start, but wasn't getting any
gas.  Spent 4 hours that evening and all the next day trying to get the
car to run.  I felt like an dope when I found the inertia switch pulled
up, shutting off the fuel pump...

End of story?  Nope.  Car would run, but would respond well to the
throttle and wouldn't rev past about 2500 rpm.  It was just a short
while this time when I realized I hadn't taken the rag out of the
air-flow meter so no foreign objects would get into the intake while I
had the
car apart.

Bill Wood
1973 TR6