Re: Idiot of the Year Award

To: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Idiot of the Year Award
From: "Jane Burdekin" <burdekij@bvsd.k12.co.us>
Date: Sat, 3 Jan 1998 12:50:21 -0700
I really like hearing all the horror stories from you all.  Makes me feel
like one of the guys.  My story happened not once but twice.

The first I was almost home from a 60 mile excersion when the oil light
stayed on so I figured we better check it out.  This was in my '65 VW bug
my friend and I both jumped out to check out the engine.  I forgot to put
it in gear and of course we were on a hill, so off we went chasing the car
which was careening toward a baseball field full of kids.  I managed to
jump head first thru the window and pull on the emergency brake.

The second time I got to jump thru the window was trying to figure out what
was wrong with that stupid Audi, when you push on the gas pedal it goes
nowhere.  So with no one around to help I proped the pedal down with a
stick and proceeded to mess with the carb.  I got the problem fixed, and
the car took off heading for our neighbors house.  Once again, I am jumping
headfirst into the car window removing the stick and hauling on the
emergency break.  (BTW I will never have an audi again the final straw with
that car was when the engine caught on fire at a  stoplight.)

I sold the VW for a transmission for the GT6 which I still have, guess I
was smarter than every one thought for getting my GT6 back in '71.

Jane
'67 GT6