Re: Spitfire radiator hose again

To: Zink <zink@pdq.net>
Subject: Re: Spitfire radiator hose again
From: "Atwell (Buff) Haines" <carbuff@scooter.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 1997 07:56:50
Cc: curry@wolfenet.com, Brian Harper <brian@ati.com>, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
At 01:13 AM 11/18/97 -0600, Zink wrote:

[much repetition of old posts SNIPPED to avoid boring the unwary]

>Maybe I am just one of the few people who are lucky enough not to have
>this problem[lower radiator hose rubbing on RF motor mount bracket].  But
wouldn't the hose have to be awfully long to contact
>the motor mount?
>
>Larry Zink
>1964 Spitfire4
>Houston

Larry,

The replacement hose goes down from the water pump housing and hugs the
engine to provide fan clearance.   The RF motor mount bracket is a U shaped
part that bolts to the block and goes down towards the motor mount at a 45
degree angle. It extends a bit forward of the engine's front plate.

Maybe there are different motor mount brackets out there, and only one
aftermarket hose design.   Who knows?

If I had a scanner I'd take a picture and post it (are you reading this,
Santa?).  I can hardly tell anything from my own description!!!

Atwell (Buff) Haines
'79 Spitfire FM 96062

Succasunna, NJ USA
CarBuff@scooter.net
"There are three types of people in this world:
those that are good with numbers, and those that aren't."