Re: TRF

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TRF
From: Dave Fain <KC3565L@sprintmail.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 1997 08:01:24 -0700
Cc: dezn490@wadnr.gov
Dave Eaton said:
> Let's not go around alienating Spitfire owners.  We've been the
>red headed step child too long.

Spitfires and GT6's get absolutely no respect, even from other
Triumph owners.  I have observed that my GT6 becomes invisible
when parked next to a red TR6.  Take a look at the asking
prices for Spitfires and GT6's compared to other Triumphs.
Mine is nice enough to win an occasional award at a car show
and I would be lucky to sell it for 1/3 what it cost me to
restore it.  Spitfire and GT6 owners unite!  It's time to
demand the respect that our unique and beautiful cars deserve!
Of course TR6's are handsome cars but they are not in the same
league with the sensuous, flowing lines of a Spitfire.  I
remember the day in 1967 when I was strolling through the faculty
parking lot at Texas Tech and came across the first GT6 in town.
I stopped dead in my tracks.  I had never driven anything but
American cars and hadn't given other British cars much more than
a passing glance but I knew then and there that I had to have one.
No, the top doesn't go down, but if it did it wouldn't be a GT6.
Dave Fain
1967 GT6
(resuming lurk mode)