Re: Parts cleaning options

To: Dean Mericas <dmericas@limno.com>
Subject: Re: Parts cleaning options
From: nolan penney <npenney@erols.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 1997 10:42:14 -0800
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
>I have gotten pretty far into the disassembly of the TRs engine, and
>I am faced with the problem of how to clean the grease and oil off of
>all the parts.  I've got everything from the block and transmission
>to lots of smaller bits and pieces to deal with.

>In the bad old days, I'd just scrub them down with gasoline in a tub,
>and dump the mess out in the back 40.  This is no longer an option,
>so I'd like some advice on prefered alternatives that can be
>practically employed in my home garage/shop.

Citrisolve is absolutely fantastic at this.  Simple Green isn't far behind.
Both are nice and biodegradable.
Of course, they are no longer when contaminated with all the engine crud.  You
can get them in large quanties
at agriculture supply facilities.  Not the garden section of K-Mart, but places
like a John Deere dealer or a
co-op.

Go with a little caution on the citrisolve.  Accidently found out on a
customers brand spanking new tractor
that it disolves John Deere green paint beautifully. :-(