Re: Parts cleaning options

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Parts cleaning options
From: ingate@shiseis.com (Shane F. Ingate)
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 97 10:49:49 PST
All,

        I use "Simple Green" for cleaning crud off exterior
surfaces (I would not use it for cleaning the inside of blocks,
heads etc, because I believe wearing surfaces require special
attention).  Simple Green works really well for me, is relativly
environmentally sensitive, smells OK and doesnt dry out my hands
(oops, I guess I *should* use gloves....but I dont) like some
other cleaners.

        When I bought Rags ('74 TR6) 6 years ago, its engine had
never been cleaned.  A weekend, 1 litre of Simple Green and a roll
of shop towls later, I had the engine compartment looking cleaner than
if I had it steam-cleaned; the benefits of getting really close to an
engine like this really outweigh the speed advantage of the steam-
cleaner.  Another weekend had the bright bits polished.

        Shane Ingate, glad to be back in San Diego