Re: spit 1500 rear wheel chamber (fwd)

To: Michael Galloway <mgx@icesar.epm.ornl.gov>
Subject: Re: spit 1500 rear wheel chamber (fwd)
From: bill nichol <bnicho19@bellsouth.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 1997 21:56:16 -0500
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Mike
FYI I just went out backand checked on my spare spring. When it is
sitting upright on the concrete it has 2 5/8"clearance ffrom the
concrete surface to the bottom surface of the first spring. If it will
do you any good I can send you a picture of the spring so you can see
how the spring is supposed to be configured.
best of luck
Bill
78Spit
80Wedge
 Michael Galloway wrote:

> thank bill ...
>
> i'm gonna pull it out this comming weekend and have a look at
> it.
>
> -- m
>
> On Mon, 17 Mar 1997, bill nichol wrote:
> > If you've got a spit like that you're right to question it. Every one I
> > have ever seen has negative camber(wider at the bottom than the top) and
> > every where you stop people ask if there's something wrong with your
> > suspension. I have a friend who had his spring rearched rather than
> > purchase new. His wheels now stand straight up and the lack of cornering
> > stability is noticible. Get with a good alignment shop somethings not
> > kosher there. New rear springs are reasonable and availible from several
> > sources. I have a fairly fresh used one if it comes to that.But get it
>
> my feelings exactly!
>
> > fixed. What fun is a spit if you can't corner like a rocket on rails?
> > Best of luck
Mike