Re: spit 1500 rear wheel chamber (fwd)

To: Michael Galloway <mgx@icesar.epm.ornl.gov>
Subject: Re: spit 1500 rear wheel chamber (fwd)
From: bill nichol <bnicho19@bellsouth.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 1997 10:42:13 -0500
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Michael Galloway wrote:

> andy ...
>
> nope, i mean positive chamber (or neutral), wheels even at the top
> or further apart than at the bottom. i don't know much but about
> my spit yet, but i did read the manual on this one :)
>
> makes it wild as hell in the corners at speed too!
>
> -- michael
> Mike,
If you've got a spit like that you're right to question it. Every one I
have ever seen has negative camber(wider at the bottom than the top) and
every where you stop people ask if there's something wrong with your
suspension. I have a friend who had his spring rearched rather than
purchase new. His wheels now stand straight up and the lack of cornering
stability is noticible. Get with a good alignment shop somethings not
kosher there. New rear springs are reasonable and availible from several
sources. I have a fairly fresh used one if it comes to that.But get it
fixed. What fun is a spit if you can't corner like a rocket on rails?
Best of luck
Bill
78Spit
80Wedge