Re: Michael Galloway <mgx@icesar.epm.ornl.gov>

To: Michael Galloway <mgx@icesar.epm.ornl.gov>
Subject: Re: Michael Galloway <mgx@icesar.epm.ornl.gov>
From: Nolan Penney <npenney@erols.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 1997 20:54:23 -0500
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
>my '78 spitfire 1500 has 0 or slightly positive rear wheel
>chamber. does that indicate the rear spring is weak? if it
>is, can the spring be re-curved or should i just opt for
>a new spring.

Positive camber is an indication of your rear end being up high in the
air, so it's more an indication of a strong rear spring.  As the rear
sags the camber goes negative.  Negative is better for cornering, though
it's a little squirlier in a straight line.

Not to be snotty, but do you understand the differences between positive
and negative camber?  Negative has the tops of the wheels tipped in
towards the car, positive has the tops of the wheels tipped out away
from the car.