Re: TR6 Squat....

To: Monica <monica@snovalley.com>
Subject: Re: TR6 Squat....
From: "Michael D. Porter" <mdporter@rt66.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 1997 22:58:00 -0800
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Monica wrote:

> Has anyone figured out a way to fix the TR6 squat problem?
>  I've replaced the rear trailing arm bushings and bought new springs
> and I still think the car sits to low in the rear.
>  I thought about getting the Heavy Duty springs from Moss but thay
> tell me the HD springs are 1" shorter than stock.

There were a couple of people on the Brit_Car FIDO echo who felt the
same was true of their Spitfires, but neither had taken the car to an
alignment shop to check the rear alignment. Sometimes appearances are
deceptive, so it's helpful to have some hard data to go on. Alignment
data might help. If the book I have is correct, the rear camber on a TR6
should be 1/2 deg. positive (presumably to bring the outside wheel to
zero camber on cornering). And a good alignment mechanic may be able to
spot something you may not have noticed, if the alignment is out of
whack. Not a bad starting point for $30-40.

The TR6 owners would know better than I, but a factory manual reprint
should also have ride height data, so if you could obtain those figures,
you could measure yours and be even more certain whether or not your eye
is right.
Cheers.

--
My other Triumph doesn't run, either....