Re: TR6 Squat....

To: monica@snovalley.com
Subject: Re: TR6 Squat....
From: lgmiceli@juno.com (Lawrence G Miceli)
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 1997 07:45:39 EST
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
On Tue, 11 Mar 1997 21:22:37 -0800 Monica <monica@snovalley.com> writes:
>Has anyone figured out a way to fix the TR6 squat problem?
> I've replaced the rear trailing arm bushings and bought new springs
>and I still think the car sits to low in the rear.
> I thought about getting the Heavy Duty springs from Moss but they
>tell me the HD springs are 1" shorter than stock.
>
>-jimb
>741/2 TR6 CF29215

I replaced the trailing arm bushings with the up-rated rubber bushings
offered by TRF.  I didn't use the poly or delron bushings because I have
friends that did and complain of road noise being "tunneled" through
them. Also, rather than use the 1" shorter competition springs, I used
the "up-rated" springs offered by TS Imports (I think TRF also sells
them). These are the same height as the original but a stiffer rate. The
car has been done for almost 4 years and there is NO squat at all.

Larry Miceli
'76 TR6
'73 Stag
'66 Herald