Re: GT6 rear suspension.<01BC2E19.B4F5D0C0@R_Back-8238>

To: Rik Back <rback@env-comp.devon-cc.gov.uk>
Subject: Re: GT6 rear suspension.<01BC2E19.B4F5D0C0@R_Back-8238>
From: RICHARD.JACKSON@NENE.AC.UK
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 1997 08:44:24 +0000 (GMT)
Cc: "'Triumphs'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
>Hi everyone, I have a 72 spitfire tub / chassis with the front end and
>interior of a GT6-III (Engine gearbox, suspension, steering, brakes etc), I
>wanted to swap the GT6 rotoflex over as well but there are two brackets
>missing on the spitfire chassis and two locating holes blanked on the bodytub,
>I could have these measured / made / fitted but .... i was  reading the other
>day that towards the end of the GT6-III BL ditched the rotoflex because of
>cost and fitted the last 4000 odd cars with the spitfire IVswing spring
>suspension.
>Has anyone any experience of this setup, should i bother ( the rotoflex is in
>a bit of a state and needs much work ) or is the gain of little consequence
>and i should leave the existing swing spring (overhauled only two years ago)
>alone?

>Rik Back
>rback@env-comp.devon-cc.gov.uk
>72 GT6/Spit

Morning Rik, and everyone else for that matter. :-)

>From what I have heard, the rotoflex gains versus maintenance/repairs costs are
very little, so in my opinion you would probably be best to stick with the
swing spring.  Although, there's  bound to be someone who disagrees!! :-)  If
you did want to fit the rotoflex, then I think you can get the rear chassis
brackets from SW Classics, can't remember the address, but I can find it if you
want.

Cheerio

Rich - TSSC Leicester Area Organiser(for my sins)
and servant to many rusty hulks!!!!