wire wheels

To: prubrew@ix.netcom.com
Subject: wire wheels
From: "Richard & Linda McSherry" <mcsherry@megalink.net>
Date: Sat, 01 Mar 97 19:07:54 PST
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Chris,

You mentioned in recent postings to the triumph list a company called
British Wire Wheel in CA, which is new to me.  I have a set of tired
60-spokers and am looking for opinions from people who have had wheel work
done by outfits specializing in the rebuilding and tuning up of wires
regarding quality of work, cost/value, honesty/dependability, good or bad
feelings about the place in general, etc.

Since I would likely be some distance from a shop and not able to
personally visit, such assessments will be quite useful coming from those
with actual experience.

I've heard of Dayton, of course, but never had any reports of satisfaction
or otherwise from anyone who actually dealt with them.  Any input
appreciated.

Richard McSherry     '62 TR4  ( under a tarp, dreaming of spring )
Norway, Maine