RE: wire wheels

To: "'Richard & Linda McSherry'" <mcsherry@megalink.net>
Subject: RE: wire wheels
From: Chris Prugh <prubrew@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Mar 1997 19:16:14 -0800
Cc: "'Triumph List'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Richard,
----------
From:   Richard & Linda McSherry[SMTP:mcsherry@megalink.net]
Sent:   Saturday, March 01, 1997 7:07 PM
To:     prubrew@ix.netcom.com
Cc:     triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject:        wire wheels
wrote:
British Wire Wheel in CA, <snip>
regarding quality of work, cost/value, honesty/dependability, good or bad
feelings about the place in general, etc. <snip>

        I truthfully can not say.  I am in the first stages of this wire wheel
thing.  They just happen to be fairly close to me (Morgan Hill) and I have
talked with them on occasion and gotten pretty straight answers.  Terry was
right about the pricing, the winter sales at Moss and TRF are a slightly better
deal.  They do have quite a few more styles and sizes to choose from than
either of the aforementioned.

        I do not think they rebuild only broken spokes anymore though.  They
now insist all spokes be changed as some will surely break upon
retightening/trueing of wheel.  That being said, it is definitely cheaper to
get a whole new wheel if you are also replacing the hub and the splined adapter.

        I will probably have them manufacture the long splined adapters so that
I can use the 5.5" or 6" wheels and at the risk of being flamed.....

What are the results of this TR6 tire survey?  I will probably go with the
195/60 BF Goodrich Euro GT's.  Pros/Cons suggestions welcomed (directly will
save bandwidth)

Chris Prugh
72 Spitfar