RE: Wire Wheels

Subject: RE: Wire Wheels
From: Chris Prugh <prubrew@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 1997 16:58:01 -0800
Dan,

        They should bolt right on.  The listing in my catalogs has the same
part No. for Spits and GT6's.  You will need the splined hub adapters and the
special lug nuts.  You may also have to cut, grind or replace with shorter
lugs.  These wheels are 13" x 4.5", so I wouldn't try to go any wider than
185's MAX.  Probably 175's at widest, 165's for the "stock" look.  You may want
to find a shop who can check for "trueness" before installing as this may have
to be done and you could be looking at replacing a few of the spokes.  Check
the splines on the car now for excessive sharpness as well as the hubs of the
wheels.  Splines should have a squared off finish to the top of them.

Good Luck,

Chris Prugh
72 Spitfar