Re: Valve jobs

To: Paulsv@aol.com
Subject: Re: Valve jobs
From: peb3@cornell.edu (Philip E. Barnes)
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 1996 12:04:12 +0100
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Paul sez:
"I just read, in the service manual, that the head should be removed every
15000 miles for "decarbonization."  How did Triumph manage to get buyers to
accept this?"

That's easy; they probably ignored it. Look in the owner's manual for any
car you own and see how much of the recommended service you have actually
done, especially if you've owned the car for a long time. How often do you
flush the cooling system or change the brake fluid? Most people do not
maintain their cars "by the book". Those of us that have taken these cars
under our wings are paying for the years of neglect by DPO's.

Philip E. Barnes       '71 TR6  CC61193L
Cornell University
Newman Laboratory of Nuclear Studies
Ithaca, NY 14853
607-255-4951