Re: FW: Classic Insurance

To: Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: FW: Classic Insurance
From: Bruce Krobusek <74106.1335@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 08 Oct 96 21:02:46 EDT
>I, too, would be interested in finding out more about the various insurers
>that offer "classic" car insurance.  Obviously, the premium will be low if
>all you are buying is minimal (10/30) liability coverage versus the more
>desireable 100/300 liability coverage.  The key to keeping the cost low
>would appear to be the absence of collision coverage, which can be quite
>expensive.

I've got insurance for all of my vehicles through Allstate. For my '72 TR6,
2nd car, 100/300 liability, no comprehensive, and <7500 miles per year I
pay about $280/year. I was told that comprehensive (collision) would not
be much more (so I was told).

When I inquired with my agent about classic insurance, it was suggested
that I get the car appraised and then add normal collision. You then have
more leverage if you need to collect on anything when you have the
appraisal. YMMV.

     - BAK -

      Bruce A. Krobusek
        Rochester   NY