Re: Horrible experience w/ Sports & Classics

To: hdrsons@iamerica.net, classic@m2.interserv.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Horrible experience w/ Sports & Classics
From: TRIPHSTEVE@aol.com
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 1996 14:46:36 -0400

Fellow SOL's:

I should have written on this very topic to the list long ago. I ordered a
conversion wire wheel set for a Mk II Jaguar. Of course, I paid at the time
of the order, but heard nothing for several months. When ordered, I was told
everything was in stock. Over the next several months I received various
components of the "kit," but many of the items were wrong.

The original salesperson stopped taking my calls. More delays. Finally, I was
told to return the wrong parts by UPS and a delivery person would come to my
house for them, so not to charge me for the shipping. After many calls and
UPS telling me they knew nothing of the deal, I called S&C. Again, avoided
calls and no response.

In order to get the correct parts I had to charge the new and correct parts
to my Visa card and incur additional expense for their confusion. I was
promised the UPS person would show the next day. It was several weeks, but at
least I was now not surprised.

The refund to my Visa account was not issued until I threatened legal action.
I believe it would never have been issued had I not resorted to such an
extreme and they were simply unresponsive to any other logic or reason.
Simply stated, they would say anything to get the order and promise anything
to later get you off the phone once you had paid. Long relationships with
established vendors are certainly to be valued. IMHO, S&C is not an
"established vendor," worthy of our dollars.