Spit missing at speed

To: Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Spit missing at speed
From: Alan Coleman <alanco@sybase.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 96 09:41:10 PDT
Hi folks.  Many interesting ideas!

Most I have checked.  Fuel filters have been changed, though I haven't changed
the
rubber hoses.  I suppose they could be partly restricted in some way.

The catastrophic perverter is basically a hollow pipe in my vehicle.  I guess
they
go away after a while.  I also have replaced the exhaust, so I know it's not a
blockage.

I think the float level is probably the best guess.  I think mine is right, but
have never gotten really anal about measuring the level.  The more I think
about
it, the more reasonable it sounds.  You see, I have to set the needle pretty
rich
to get good mixture.  (I set it level with the piston, then up a bit - whatever
the
manual says - and I have to go several turns rich from there to get good
mixture.)
This seems consistent with low float level.

Guess I'll be pulling a carb this weekend...

Thanks,

AC