Re: Spit missing at speed

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Spit missing at speed
From: jsnyder@icds5.dseg.ti.com (James A. Snyder)
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 96 12:01:30 CDT
Although , I generally think of ignition problems when somone talks about
"mis-firing", the fact that you can slow down and then speed up again for a
few minutes makes me think that you should check/replace your fuel filter.
Often a fuel filter that is partially clogged will allow enough fuel for low
rpm,
low power requirements, but will starve the engine when you put your foot down.
You can never do yourself any harm by replacing fuel filters (barring something
really bizarre ) and they are cheap unless you have fuel injection.

Jim S.