yellow spark & miserable compression

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: yellow spark & miserable compression
From: libertyc <libertyc@erols.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 1996 09:53:21 -0700
Hello Group -

What color should the spark be by testing it with an extra spark plug and
holding it near the block?  Mine is almost yellow/white with just a bit
of blue near the tip.  I ask because I've never gotten the TR6 to run
right.  It seems to be running on just 4 or 5 cylinders.  I can take the
lead off numbers 6 and 2 and hear no difference in rpm or smoothness.

Now keep in mind that my compression is rotten across the board (95-100),
and my plugs are oily, (indicating rings, guides or valves bad?).

(I probably should have gone for a rebuild before doing the body work and
paint job, but I had a bout with shipwright's disease this spring!)

Carl Huppert
75 TR6