Re: Old cars, old people??

To: Rodney Orr <rorr@eagle.wbm.ca>
Subject: Re: Old cars, old people??
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 1996 10:30:56 -0800 (PST)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
On Thu, 28 Mar 1996, Rodney Orr wrote:

> I'm guessing (based only upon my own preferences) that when someone gets
> around to owning a "collectable", the choice is probably  a function of what
> was cool at a certain time in their life - usually their teenage years...

> ...many current TR2/3 owners may now be pushing 60 and many TR4/4A and
> AH 3000 people are in their 50's.  Does this "rule" also apply to the Spit &
> GT6 owners out there?

I'd like to think that you're off by at least 10 years on the TR2/3
guess, but I think your general speculation of choice as a function of
cool chronology is about right.

I might get around to posting my list soon, but I can say I owned and
drove most of my Triumphs when they were primarily used cars -- long before
they became "cool" collectible cars.

BTW, I'm only 42+.

Andy "I'm not an old guy, but I play one on the Net" Mace

  * Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?                                  *
  * Man: Well, no... It's not so much of a jet, it's more your, er,   *
  *  Triumph Herald engine with wings.                                *
  *   -- The Cut-price Airline Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus   *