Old cars, old people??

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Old cars, old people??
From: rorr@eagle.wbm.ca (Rodney Orr)
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 1996 23:10:27 -0600
The current thread about cars we've owned reminded me of an idea I've posted
before about the people interested in cars such as Triumphs or, more to the
point, cars from a particular era.

I'm guessing (based only upon my own preferences) that when someone gets
around to owning a "collectable", the choice is probably  a function of what
was cool at a certain time in their life - usually their teenage years.
Thats why soon after hitting 40, I "needed" a TR6.  Another guess I have is
that the many current TR2/3 owners may now be pushing 60 and many TR4/4A and
AH 3000 people are in their 50's.  Does this "rule" also apply to the Spit &
GT6 owners out there?

Care to start an informal survey about correlating car and owner ages?

Rod.   '70 TR6   CC55899L      (Built when I was 18.)