Re: TR-6 Accelerator shaft bushings ??

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR-6 Accelerator shaft bushings ??
From: Gary <gklein@erols.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 1996 20:51:52 -0500
On 20 March Flemming Larsen wrote:

>I'm about to embark on a mission to replace the worn out
>accelerator shaft bushings on my (LHD) late 74 (CF27518U)
>Triumph (with a hole in the boot) TR-6.

>Anyone been there, done that? Are there any special tricks
>to doing this? Any special tools (Dremel? BFH?) needed?

Flemming,

The only special tool you need is boiling water!  I heard of this trick
AFTER I fought to get my replacements in.  Place the new bushings in
boiling water for a few minutes to soften them up.  After doing so, they
should be soft enough to squeeze them, while wearing gloves, to get them
into the holes.

Good Luck,

Gary
'75 TR6