Re: TR6 Crash Pads

To: mike@shoppersdrugmart.ca, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR6 Crash Pads
From: TR6Massey@aol.com
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 1996 22:34:08 -0500
Mike

The problem I've run into is not rust but paint.  The brackets and the pins
(on the W/S frame) are painted and the thing is assembled whilst the paint is
still soft creating a fairly tough bond.  I have had to take the bracket
loose from the car and twist them back and forth to loosen the paint bond to
get them off.  And all that under the dash which must be partially
dis-assembled.

And this in St. Louis, MO (USA) where rust is a problem too.

Dave (I took my W/S out for a second time and it was easy - this time)