Re: TR-6 Accelerator shaft bushings ??

To: flarsen@uclink.berkeley.edu, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR-6 Accelerator shaft bushings ??
From: TR6Massey@aol.com
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 1996 17:56:10 -0500
Cc: british-cars@autox.team.net
In a message dated 96-03-21 09:59:32 EST, flarsen@uclink.berkeley.edu
(Flemming Larsen) writes:

>I'm about to embark on a mission to replace the worn out
>accelerator shaft bushings on my (LHD) late 74 (CF27518U)
>Triumph (with a hole in the boot) TR-6.
>
>Anyone been there, done that? Are there any special tricks
>to doing this? Any special tools (Dremel? BFH?) needed?
>
>Thanks!
>

>-- Flemming Larsen              flarsen@uclink.berkeley.edu

I found that cutting a notch in the small end eased the installation.  It was
difficult none the less.  Also the shaft is too long to pull straight out in
the pedal box and must be angled.  This is not a problem when the perished
bushing is gone but when the new bushing is in place it is difficult to angle
the shaft as necessary.  Blood, sweat and tears as well as some knuckle skin
is necessary to fulfill this mission.  Good luck.

Dave