Re: TR-6 spin on filter adapter (longish)

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR-6 spin on filter adapter (longish)
From: yellowbullet@novagate.com (Steve L. Toth)
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 1996 23:50:57 -0500 (EST)
Tom,

   I have also had this particular problem, as most of us did or still do.
I replaced the canister with a spin-on adapter and 13 row oil cooler about 7
years ago.  I was tired of fooling around with it too.

   What I did may be a little aggressive...

   I made a small small locating hole from the inside of the engine compartment
directly across from the canister hold-down bolt.  I measured the width of
the bolt and drilled a hole through the inner fender well, drilling from
outside in.
I brushed on some rust protectant and then made a grommet to fit the hole.
If you do this correctly, it'll never rust.  I still have the hole, but
changed to a spin-on adapter, as I said.  Hey, whatever works, right?

                                        Steve