Re: TR-6 spin on filter adapter (longish)

To: tlund@ilhawaii.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR-6 spin on filter adapter (longish)
From: Hctcbob@aol.com
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 1996 22:06:01 -0500
Tom,   I have used the Roadster Factory's version of the TR6 spin on adapter,
and I always assumed that all the kits sold by everyone were the same.  The
TRF kit only comes with one inner O-ring.  The brand name is FLOTEC. I've
installed 2 so far without any trouble. I especially like the Unipart #
GFE148 oil filter that TRF sells. It is shorter and can be set vertical. I
wish I could find a cross reference chart that included Unipart #'s, because
I'm sure there is a $1.95 filter on the shelf at Walmart that is exactly the
same. Those PH3600, and A400 filters are Ford parts, but the reference lists
I have looked at only list the exact replacements, which are all the same
(too long) length. Anyone know the proper part # to replace the GFE148?

Bob in Austin