TR6 Crash Pads

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 Crash Pads
From: "Himelfarb, Mike" <mike@ShoppersDrugMart.ca>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 1996 04:51:15 -0500
Encoding: 1018 Text
Did I hear someone say removing the windscreen frame was *easy*???
Yep, only took me 3 weeks to get mine out last winter.  The only way
it's easy is if:

1)  There's no rust around the mounting brackets
2)  There's no rust around the mounting holes
3)  Someone has previously removed it and greased everything upon
    re-assembly.

I noticed the original post came from someone in bc.ca so rust may or
may not be an issue, however, here in the part of Canada where bananas
are not grown rust certainly *is* an issue!

The solution for me was a propane torch, about half a can of
penetrating oil, 2 weeks of wiggling, pulling, twisting and swearing
and lots of sweat.

Have fun.

*  Mike Himelfarb - '76 TR6  |  "When all else fails, use a hammer..."   *
*  Mike@ShoppersDrugMart.CA  |                                 Taylor    *