TR6 Clutch adjustment

To: Mike <hooper@cdclu2.genrad.co.uk>
Subject: TR6 Clutch adjustment
From: "Scott W. Paisley" <paisley@boulder.nist.gov>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 1996 07:58:43 -0700
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
hooper@cdclu2.genrad.co.uk writes:

 > Can anyone tell me, is the TR6 clutch adjustable? Mine only operates
 > at the very end of the clutch pedal travel and even then the gears
 > will grind when selecting reverse.

By default, the TR6 clutch is not adjustable.  However, a simple fix
can be had.  This is something I came up with, so comments are
welcome.

Since the slave bolts on to the rear engine plate, you can shift its
position with washers or even large nuts.  The idea is to use a longer
bolt which attaches the slave cylinder, and then place a nut (or set
of washers) between the slave and the rear engine plate.  The effect
is to get more travel from the slave.  This is accomplished because
the pressure plate of the clutch pushes the push rod in the slave back
into the cylinder.  If it doesn't push it far enough back, then you
wont get the full travel of the clutch.

Let me know if this is totally confusing or comprehendable.  :-)

Cheers,

-Scotty
 '70 TR6
 '75 TR6