Air-con question - SORRY NON-LBC!!

To: spitfire list <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Air-con question - SORRY NON-LBC!!
From: llst <llst@shaw.ca>
Date: Sat, 08 May 2004 09:38:51 -0700
We have a problem with a poor electrical connection on the ac clutch quick
connect terminal on our 92 Olds Cutlass Supreme. If I wiggle it when the AC
does't work, it will come back on for an indefinite time. Everything is jammed
in under the hood so tight that it has been easier to just wiggle it when it
quits than trying to get the connector off and see what's wrong. I may have to
pull the rad just to get sufficent acces to it. My wife drove the car for one
summer with no AC as I did not want to take it in and spend the big buck to fix
it. I got tired of the nagging and told her to take it in and get it checked
and it started working before she got there. The $80 diagnostics could not find
anything wrong. When it quit, I poked at the wire, heard the clutch kick in and
the rest is history.

Larry