Re: Spitfire Gear Box Oil

To: Andrew Beck <abeck@ica.net>
Subject: Re: Spitfire Gear Box Oil
From: Henry Stike <stiker2126@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2004 08:06:15 -0700 (PDT)
The filler plug is on the side of tranny, or you can
pop the shifter out and fill it from top, also we have
been using a product called "Redline MTL" in the spit.
Did some reading before and this stuff works great as
it doesnt get as thick as normal gear oil and is
easier to shift and synchros dont grind anymore when
shifting. There have been discussions on the best
fluid before and I have been led to believe that some
of the SAE 90 stuff will destroy the brass stuff in
the tranny.

Don & Henry Stike