Spitfire brakes question + Heating question + Map lights!

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Spitfire brakes question + Heating question + Map lights!
From: Andrew Beck <abeck@ica.net>
Date: Sat, 03 Apr 2004 21:15:22 -0500
Ok, so I just picked up my 1979 Spitfire today!  I am very excited.

I think that I need a new master cylinder.  Sometimes when I press the brake
pedal there is no pressure--then when I pump it a few times, I gain pressure
again.

Was reading about how to do this; the hardest part seems to be bleeding the
lines.

Second question -- my heater controls seem very stiff -- in fact, the one
control does not want to move all the way to the right and stay there....
Not sure how it is supposed to work....

Third question -- how do you turn off the map light?  It comes on with the
headlights, but I cannot figure out how to turn it off!!

Thanks in advance for any help...  (I am a bit new to this!)