Re: Warning! New Spit owner!

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Warning! New Spit owner!
From: Tim Schuh <tim@ugly.net>
Date: Sat, 03 Apr 2004 20:01:21 -0600
Thanks Joe.

I also noticed when I jacked up the rear that the leaf spring appears
severely deformed where it attaches to the control arm.  I come from a
Mazda family (president of the D/FW RX-7 club) and autocross my 84 RX-7
in C Street Prepared.  That car has a live axle and coil springs on it
so these leaf springs are an entirely new creature to me.  Is this
'deformity' normal, should I be concerned about it or should I just
replace the springs and call it a day? :)  BTW, is there a good
mechanical FAQ that someone can point me at?  I've not been able to find
anything with much detail.

--
Tim Schuh
Network Primate