Re: Shifter trouble

To: "Spit List" <Spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Shifter trouble
From: "Joe Frakes" <joe@ados.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 00:58:17 -0700
Thanks for the advice guys.  At least it calmed the worries down to here
there were some possible easy repairs.  Turns out that the nylon cup that
rides above the springs on the shifter itself had gotten pushed down over
the snap ring and wouldn't let the ball slide far enough up the shaft to let
you slip it into reverse.  I'll have to get all new bushings sometime in the
near future, but for now it's going again (forward and back).  Under 2 hours
to pull the seat, radio and transmission tunnel, fix the shifter (well sort
of) and reassemble the whole mess.

Well, thanks again for the advice!

Joe Frakes