Replacing carburetors on a Mark III

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Replacing carburetors on a Mark III
From: Walker910@aol.com
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 09:31:28 EDT
About two years ago someone broke into my garage and did away with several
parts of my '70 Mark III Spitfire.  Most have been replaced, the restoration is
moving along slowly but surely, and now it is time to replace the inlet
manifold and carburetor that was taken.  It was a single Stromberg, fitted on a
post
FDU75001 model sold in California.

I'm wondering, now, what I should do--and any feedback any of you can provide
would be greatly appreciated.  I can replace the Stromberg, or I can look for
a two carburetor inlet manifold and a pair of SU carbs.  And, there are the
Weber DCOE conversion kits, as well.

I'll admit I know very little about carburetion, and need some help.  Thanks
in advance for any responses. . .

Bob