Re: [triumph_herald] Don't take no for an answer (very very

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [triumph_herald] Don't take no for an answer (very very
From: Kevin Rhodes <krhodes1@maine.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 13:56:39 -0400
For the edification of the non-UK members on the list - what is the big
deal about having a "Q" plate anyway? I more-or-less understand the UK
age-related numberplate system, but why is this considered such a shame,
and why would the registering body care anyway? Here in the States, in most
(but not all) states the plates go with the owner, not the car, so a car
would have had as many registrations as owners. Sometimes more, Maine likes
to issue new plates with new numbers every five years or so.

Just curious,

Kevin Rhodes
Westbrook, Maine, USA
Freddy the Spit (who actually has commercial vehicle plates so I can park
in loading zones)