Re: 1500 head needed

To: spitlist@gte.net
Subject: Re: 1500 head needed
From: PorscheRcr@aol.com
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2001 21:50:25 EDT
In a message dated 6/14/2001 5:03:46 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
clshore@yahoo.com writes:

<< Of course, it usually takes a wide band O2 sensor and
 a dyno in the hands of an experienced tuner to achieve
 this level of tuning. >>

And fairly sophisticated engine management usually.  Won't find many high
compression turbo cars without programmable EFI and knock sensing, least not
many that last very long.  :)

Bill J
68 GT8

p.s.  If you need any help with the engineering of the project Joe,  I have a
number of very knowledgeable resources available to me from the Quattro club.
 There are a LOT of highly modified Audi turbo cars in the club.  One tuner
has his 2.2liter 5cyl turbo at 510hp currently.  Unfortunately he's found the
weak link in the stock engine at that level... it likes to bend rods.  It's
reliable at the high 400s though.