Re: 1500 head needed

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 1500 head needed
From: "Larry Vaughan" <lvaughan@pldi.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2001 21:49:55 -0500
How about a '75 Spitfire, including head. My wife spotted a Spitfire for
sale, just a few miles from our house. It has new yellow paint on an
excellent body, a new ( cheap ) top, interior is very nice. The asking price
is $3500. I drove the car and it didn't run well. I guess it was for show,
not go.
It wouldn't idle well, the rear sounded like both u-joints were bad, the
speedo didn't work, but at 4000 rpm in 4th, it was evident the front end
needed work.
I don't know how much to offer, or even if I should make an offer. My '73
needs lot's of work, but it runs better than this '75.
Anyone interested in this car, or have a suggestion what I should offer for
it?
Larry
It's in Northwest Oklahoma.