Re: [personals] HHE seeks pair SUC

To: "Haynes, Mark" <mhaynes@ball.com>
Subject: Re: [personals] HHE seeks pair SUC
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 08:12:44 -0700
Mark,
Just a short Primer in Triumph 4 Cyl. Dry sleeve history.

803cc  58mm bore 76mm stroke  Standard 8 from 1953
948cc  63mm bore 76mm stroke  Standard 10, Pennant and Herald from '54
1147cc 69.3mm bore 76mm stroke Herald 1200, 12/50 and Spitfire from '61
1296cc 73.7mm bore 76mm stroke Herald 13/60, Spitfire, Triumph 1300,
                               Toledo, Dolomite 1300 from '65
1493cc 73.7mm bore 87.5mm stroke Triumph 1500, Spitfire, dolomite 1500
                                 and MG Midget 1500 from 1970

Note up until the 1296, the engines had Siamesed intake port heads,
thereafter, they all had 8-port heads.

"Haynes, Mark" wrote:

> Donald- I'm confused, I thought that the 948 engine was a Healey motor,  not
> a TR. The 948s of the Healey variety ran (after the 9C motor) HS2 SUs, I
> have 2 pair of them, and they fit your description. Does your head (cyl
> head) have siamesed intake ports, or is it an 8-port head?
> Mark Haynes
> '65 Spitfire racer RMVR #162
> '62 HAN6 Sprite (coming together)

 -- Dave Weinbaum in National Enquirer