[personals] HHE seeks pair SUC

To: triumphs@autox.team.net, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: [personals] HHE seeks pair SUC
From: "Donald H. Locker" <dhl@mrdog.msl.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1999 21:56:42 -0400
Hot Herald Engine (displacing a svelte 948 ccs) seeks to establish
intimate relationship with two (preferably related) SU Carburettors.

Truth to tell, I'm already committed to two I have in my "stable" but
I (the HHE's SO (spitfire's owner)) am really searching for info on
the SU carbs I have for this engine.

The carbs themselves are SU H2 models (1.25 in throat, manifold bolt
holes located one above the other) but I can't seem to find repair
parts or information about these.  It would appear that the MG
T-series and MGA may have used carbs like these, though H4 looks more
likely.  948 Heralds used H1s.  Where would these have been used?

A search of triumph, spitfire, and mg archives, a Lycos on the
internet, and some Rimmer, Moss, and other catalogs don't turn up any
good hits.

I did order the books from Burlen (their parts and maintenance books);
I hope I beat the rush.  If anyone has any other good stuff to add,
I'll be listening.  And I would be pleased to put together a summary
if I get enough requests for one.

TIA, and all.
Donald.