Re: [Shop-talk] Backyard rocket hot cookers

To: Pat Horne <patintexas@icloud.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Backyard rocket hot cookers
From: old dirtbeard via Shop-talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Date: Thu, 7 May 2020 12:40:41 -0700
Cc: "Shop-talk@autox.team.net" <Shop-talk@autox.team.net>

--0000000000008b03e605a51410f9

I have been doing deep fried turkeys and large fish frying for 25 years and
the basic turkey fryer and a couple tanks of propane is the solution.
Propane is hotter than natural gas, and one tank will last a very long
time, it is portable, etc. I have outdoor natural gas and still choose to
use propane for fish frying and turkey frying.

I have a 25 year-old Master Built that is 100% original, and would highly
recommend them.

But something like this is all you would need for large scale fish frying:

https://www.webstaurantstore.com/backyard-pro-10-qt-fish-fryer-cooker-55-00=
0-btu/554BPFF19.html?utm_source=3DGoogle&utm_medium=3Dcpc&utm_campaign=3DGo=
ogleShopping&gclid=3DEAIaIQobChMIkYnhxb-i6QIVdx-tBh1tNgY-EAYYBSABEgImt_D_Bw=

The long thermometer and the perforated frying insert pan with a long
handle are critical elements for happy frying.

On Thu, May 7, 2020 at 11:35 AM Pat Horne via Shop-talk <
shop-talk@autox.team.net> wrote:

> I=E2=80=99d go for the natural gas line if you plan on going a bunch of c=
ooking.
> Nothing worse than having a propane tank run out in the middle of cooking=
.
> Propane also costs more than natural gas - $/BTU wise.
>
> Peace
> Pat
>
> Pat Horne
> We support Habitat for Humanity
>

> > On May 7, 2020, at 1:30 PM, Mark J Bradakis via Shop-talk <
> shop-talk@autox.team.net> wrote:
> >

> =EF=BB=BFOkay, so I did some blackened catfish for dinner this morning ( =
I work
> graveyard shift ) and really filled the house with smoke.  If you follow =
me
> on Facebook you should have an idea about my cooking addiction.
>
> Maybe I should get some sort of turkey deep fryer, 37 bazillion BTU
> propane burner stand so I can do some seriously hot stuff without making
> the house uninhabitable.  Any suggestions?  I'd like to do stuff on a cas=
> iron grill plate, adapt it to a serious wok burner* and such, doubt I wil=
> ever deep fry a turkey.
>
> Any suggestions?  Propane cylinders?  Run a natural gas line from the
> house to the back yard?
>
> mjb.
>
> *:  This vid shows what sort of flame I'm looking for.
> https://www.foodbeast.com/news/season-wok/

--0000000000008b03e605a51410f9

 for 25 years and the basic turkey fryer and a couple tanks of propane is t=
he solution. Propane is hotter than natural gas, and one tank will last a v=
ery long time, it is portable, etc. I have outdoor natural gas and still ch=
like this is all you would=C2=A0need for large scale fish frying:</div><div=
-qt-fish-fryer-cooker-55-000-btu/554BPFF19.html?utm_source=3DGoogle&amp;utm=
_medium=3Dcpc&amp;utm_campaign=3DGoogleShopping&amp;gclid=3DEAIaIQobChMIkYn=
hxb-i6QIVdx-tBh1tNgY-EAYYBSABEgImt_D_BwE">https://www.webstaurantstore.com/=
backyard-pro-10-qt-fish-fryer-cooker-55-000-btu/554BPFF19.html?utm_source=
=3DGoogle&amp;utm_medium=3Dcpc&amp;utm_campaign=3DGoogleShopping&amp;gclid=
=3DEAIaIQobChMIkYnhxb-i6QIVdx-tBh1tNgY-EAYYBSABEgImt_D_BwE</a>=C2=A0=C2=A0<=
rying insert pan with a long handle are critical elements for happy frying.=
attr">On Thu, May 7, 2020 at 11:35 AM Pat Horne via Shop-talk &lt;<a href=
=3D"mailto:shop-talk@autox.team.net";>shop-talk@autox.team.net</a>&gt; wrote=
:<br></div><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0px 0px 0px 0.=
8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex">I=E2=80=99d go=
 for the natural gas line if you plan on going a bunch of cooking. Nothing =
worse than having a propane tank run out in the middle of cooking. Propane =
also costs more than natural gas - $/BTU wise. <br>
Peace <br>
Pat <br>
Pat Horne <br>
We support Habitat for Humanity<br>
&gt; On May 7, 2020, at 1:30 PM, Mark J Bradakis via Shop-talk &lt;<a href=
=3D"mailto:shop-talk@autox.team.net"; target=3D"_blank">shop-talk@autox.team=
.net</a>&gt; wrote:<br>
&gt; <br>
=EF=BB=BFOkay, so I did some blackened catfish for dinner this morning ( I =
work graveyard shift ) and really filled the house with smoke.=C2=A0 If you=
 follow me on Facebook you should have an idea about my cooking addiction.<=
br>
Maybe I should get some sort of turkey deep fryer, 37 bazillion BTU propane=
 burner stand so I can do some seriously hot stuff without making the house=
 uninhabitable.=C2=A0 Any suggestions?=C2=A0 I&#39;d like to do stuff on a =
cast iron grill plate, adapt it to a serious wok burner* and such, doubt I =
will ever deep fry a turkey.<br>
Any suggestions?=C2=A0 Propane cylinders?=C2=A0 Run a natural gas line from=
 the house to the back yard?<br>
mjb.<br>
*:=C2=A0 This vid shows what sort of flame I&#39;m looking for. <a href=3D"=
https://www.foodbeast.com/news/season-wok/"; rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_b=
lank">https://www.foodbeast.com/news/season-wok/</a><br>
ox.team.net</a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk"; rel=3D"norefer=