Re: [Shop-talk] Axle ratio?

To: Dave Cavanaugh <cavanadd@frontier.com>, "Shop-talk@autox.team.net" <Shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Axle ratio?
From: Brian Kemp <bk13@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2015 16:53:10 -0700
David - On the tractor, you might want to see about finding someone to
haul that for you.  It's been a long time for me so don't have details
anymore, but I needed some 3 pallets from PA to CA and had no urgency.
We worked with a shipping place that held the load for a convenient
truck with room and got a big discount.

I'd expect there are places to list a load online and look for a bargain
from someone with an empty trailer returning home.

For the tools, I second the idea of renting an enclosed truck. Think
about trying to keep all the tools dry if you hit some rain or security
if you park overnight.  The truck may also have the ability to pull a
trailer for the tractor, but be sure to talk about the loads with a
smart person at the rental place.

Brian