Re: [Shop-talk] Composite Decking

To: "'Matt'" <mbarre@juno.com>, <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Composite Decking
From: "Pat Horne" <pat@hornesystemstx.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2015 16:57:30 -0500
One thing about most if not all composite decking is that it needs more
support. Check the installation instructions for the products you are
considering. With wood decks you can usually go 2' on center with the
framing. Offhand I can't remember what brand decking we put in, but it said
16" max. In the high load area where we entertain, we went with 12" on
center. When I remember what we used I'll repost. The fasteners we used were
stainless steel square drive screws. They mushroomed up a little around the
screws, but that didn't bother us. We've had the deck for almost 3 years and
it is doing fine.

Peace,
Pat