Re: [Shop-talk] LED light bulbs in garage door operators

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] LED light bulbs in garage door operators
From: Wayne <wmc_st@xxiii.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2013 14:47:33 -0400
On 8/13/2013 1:26 PM, pethier@comcast.net wrote:
>> Incandescent bulbs, even rough service, tended to last
>> less than a year.
>
> I must have gotten a good one, then.  It had been in there for over a decade.
> At a couple of bucks a pop for rough-service bulbs, I'm sticking with them.

BTW, you can still score regular incandescent 100 watters from Amazon. I
bought TWO cases! That should hold me till the industry comes out with
an alternative that 1) actually produces equivalent light output [vs
their lies] 2) lasts a reasonable time given its absurd cost 3) or is
reasonably priced 4) MOST IMPORTANT, my comfort rules: does NOT flicker
or "sparkle", put out funny colored light, or give me a f*****g headache.

Screw IT! I'm not gonna be a guinea pig for $5 - $40 products that suck.
I KNOW what's sucking power in my house (HVAC, water heating,
dehumidifier, stereo, PC farm)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0055T5VW8/ref=oh_details_o04_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

-wc