Re: [Shop-talk] LED light bulbs in garage door operators

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] LED light bulbs in garage door operators
From: "Randall" <TR3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2013 09:55:06 -0700
> Obviously, I don't want to use LED lights in this operator.
> Somehow the circuitry in a multi-LED bulb does weird things
> with the radio in the operator.  Anybody else ever see this effect?

Not all LED "bulbs" are created equal.  Since LEDs are low voltage DC
devices, the "bulbs" include switch mode power supplies that usually run at
pretty high frequencies (to reduce the size of the inductor involved).

Obviously, the bulb you got is radiating interference.  A better made, or
even just different, bulb might radiate less and work better.

Randall