Re: [Shop-talk] Tire Pressure gauges

To: Shop Talk List <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Tire Pressure gauges
From: Wayne <wmc_st@xxiii.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2013 14:13:03 -0400
On 8/13/2013 9:25 AM, eric@megageek.com wrote:
> I've been trying to figure out how to get an *ACCURATE* tire pressure
> gauge.  But I have no idea how to check or calibrate them.

I'm rather fond of this thing from Advance Auto. think auto Zone sells a
similar one.

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_tire-pressure-gauge-victor_1920154-p?searchTerm=tire+gauge

I have one in the car and another in the toolbox, and occasionally check
them against each other and they agree. And they were purchased a good
time part. Mom  & riend both have the same one and they are all
consistent. That's not "accurate" or "calibrated" but a generally good
sign. It has a nice bleed-down button, you you an sihtly overfill the
tire, then bleed down to 1/2 psi or so.

TireRack.com sale a bunch of fancy digital ones, too.

-wc